Monday, July 11, 2005

PyroManiac on the emergent church

I had to interrupt my regular posting for this. If you have not heard of the emergent church movement, this is a great summary. I plan on writing a little about it later on. Really, Phillip Johnson nailed it, and quite eloquently might I add.

PyroManiac on the emergent church: "All week, I was continually asked to give my opinion of the 'emerging church' movement. Here's the short answer: I think it's little more than the twenty-first century equivalent of 'The Church of What's Happenin' Now,' and the movement's true patron saint is Reverend Leroy. You can put whatever pretentious mask you want on it; you can dress it up in a tweed jacket with a pipe and teach it to speak in avuncular tones; or you can put it behind a pasty-white complexion and dress it in Gothic black with a full array of tattoos and body piercings. But at the end of the day, it still owes more to Flip Wilson than to 1 Corinthians 1:21-25."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home