Sunday, June 12, 2005

Calvinist Living

For the past few weeks, I have been thinking about the connection between doctrine and living out your faith both within the Christian community as well as among non-believers (this blog included). A discussion with my good friends last night emphasized my need to understand how doctrine plays a role in my living as a Christian.

As a Reformed believer, first and foremost I must remember how vital the doctrines of grace to my own life, and how God would want this portrayed to those around me. While the doctrines I hold to are not the most popular around here, why would I live as though they are not true? I should live as though everyone truly needs and needs to see the grace and mercy of God. And while I press on to understand what Christ taught, I cannot forget who Christ sat and ate with, had conversations with, showed mercy and grace towards.

Should I concern myself with all the minor details? I don't think so. I just need to make sure no one can knock Christ or Reformed doctrine simply because I fail to exemplify who Christ is or what those doctrines teach. While my "evangelism message" is different than that of a non-Reformed follower, I am supposed to have one either way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home