Sunday, September 11, 2005

New Review Rating System

With the book, magazine and movie reviews I will be doing on this blog, I thought it would be beneficial and fun to create a standard rating system. What better symbol for the ratings than one based on the great Calvinist creed: TULIP? I can think of none more profound and perfect.

I decided on a rating level from 0-4, with half's included. Here is the image you'll see at the end of my reviews, after the summary (temporary; I plan on changing it down the line):


As an example, if I give a rating of 2.5, you'll see this image:


To be honest, I tend to be a tough grader. I think far too many people will give high marks out of kindness. In this system, anything at or above a 2.5 is a recommendation, or "Thumbs Up" in Robert Ebert lingo.

I have a couple of reviews upcoming, so I look forward to testing this new system.

Soli Deo Gloria

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home