Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Morris Cerullo


Well, I missed this bit of news on 13 July. I am more than familiar with Morris Cerullo, an immensly popular "evangelist" from my very own San Diego area. Cerullo was indicted "on three counts of filing false individual income tax returns, which allegedly underreported his income by $550,000." Click Here for more of the story.

Like much of what goes on in the Word of Faith (WoF) circles, out of which God dragged me, the corruption of the leaders will not stay hidden. What amazes me time and time again is that people wrapped up in the WoF vines, like ivy that slowly grows around the stumps and grabs hold pretty tightly, will defend their "leaders" almost to the death. Do you know how many times Benny Hinn's false teachings, false prophecies, corrupt money handling, and false miracles have been exposed to the world? And yet his people do not hesitate to send him their bank accounts.

If there ever was a word stronger in pure meaning than anger, that would describe me when I see and hear the goings on of the WoF teachers and followers. But, if I am to imitate Christ (nachfolge Christi), then I need to remember that I myself was a follower, trapped or deceived just like them. I need to leave my anger and turn to the grieving (Mark iii). I pray I can still help any out of that world of disorder and pure heresy, if God so desires. He pulled me out, and it was as if I went through fire for the next two years or so as I read and studied the Scriptures, theology, and apologetics. I had so much junk on me and in me, it hurt to go through what I did. But God (the most powerful phrase in all of Scripture) brought me through. His will over mine and here I am today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home