Friday, March 25, 2005

Welcome to the Family, Bobby!

Well, yesterday morning my wife delivered our second child. I cannot say enough about how wonderful my wife is; and she went thru more than imaginable to bring this baby to us.

Thanks, babe. I love you.

Our son's name is Arthur Daniel. So, he'll go by A.D. or Bobby.

"Wha????? Bobby? How do you get that?" Don't worry; you weren't the first to ask. We are naming him after my wife's grandfather, who went to be with the Lord a couple of months before our first son was born. He was Arthur Daniel; everyone called him Bob, but no one really knows why. So, now we have Bobby!

Funniest thing is, Bobby looks exactly like our first son when he was born. Seriously, they could be passed as twins.

Statistics
Weight: 9 lbs 8 oz (don't adjust your monitor, that was 9 and a half pounds)
Length: 22 1/2 inches (wow)
Time: 9:24 AM on 24 March 2005
Place: Best Start Birth Center in San Diego, CA

Did my wife use any meds during labor? No
Did she get an episiotomy? No
Time it took to push that large boy out? Under 24 minutes
Is that the largest baby born at the Birth Center? No; their record is 12 lbs 2 oz
Was it a great experience? Yes
Is the Birth Center better than a hospital for labor and delivery (our first son was born in a hospital environment)? Not just better, but superior to the hospital experience.


I hope you will help pray for us and the new addition. We need it. My wife needs it. A sincere and heart felt thanks to those of you who prayed for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home