Monday, June 20, 2005

Groupies: Kind of Random Thought

One of the books by John Dominic Crossan that you might see pop up in This Week's Selection of my Amazon.com bookstore is The Birth of Christianity. On the cover is a short endorsement by none other than Elaine Pagles, author of The Gnostic Gospels. For some reason I thought about other books with endorsements and how they tend to be like groupies. Of course Pagles is going to endorse this book. Just like Dave Hunt will endorse a Norman Geisler book, or R.C. Sproul will endorse a John Piper book. I know if I pick up a Jehovah's Witness text, the endorsements will be by people I have never heard of (I haven't spent much time with JW works). If I pick up a Mormon book I will probably see Richard Mouw on there...oh, yeah, he's Fuller Theological Seminary's president. Anyway...just a random thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home