Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Studying the confessions...

Well, I am undertaking a new study. Yes, I must be crazy. I am presently studying:
  • John vi.44: really, I'm looking at verses 35-45; I am doing an exegesis, my focus and audience being members of the LDS church
  • Romans iii-v: another exegesis; again, my focus is to retort with the Scriptures to the claims of the LDS church
  • Mark: this is through the weekly Bible study/fellowship time on Tuesday nights; we just started the Gospel
  • The doctrine of justification by faith alone
Now, I have started a study of the early and developmental Reformed creeds. I will be going through the Belgic Confession, Lambeth Articles, Canons of Dordt, Westminster Confession and the Baptist Confessions. Of course, in studying those I will have to look at the other confessions around their time, e.g. the articles of the remonstrants (1610) which led to the Canons of Dordt (1619).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home